Living in downtown Springfield means being only seconds away from all of the art the city has to offer. Whether you’re showing your family around Downtown or enjoying a night out with friends, Springfield’s vast array of music, theatre, and art has something for everyone.
There’s always something to do Downtown for Springfield Lofts residents, where all of the greatest art is right outside of your home.
- At the beginning of every month Springfield hosts its First Friday Art Walk downtown. Enjoy a beautiful night downtown with your friends as you visit the many local art displays, like the Hawthorne Gallery pictured above.
- Tour the contemporary art space at the IdeaXFactory, drop into BookMarx for local art and a good read, and finish your night at the European Cafe with one of their famous coffees.
- If the Friday night vibes aren’t your cup of tea, catch the Art Walk again on the second Saturday of every month from 1 PM- 5 PM. To find Art Walk locations, check out their monthly updated map.
If you can’t get enough of an event like Art Walk, you’ll love Springfield’s Sculpture Walk. Launched in 2016, this walk displays a variety of sculptures around Downtown Springfield.
- Don’t worry about the distance- locations are as close as the Square and as far as Mother’s Brewing Company.
- Plan your next walk with their map of sculpture locations.
- If you want the full Springfieldian experience, consider touring the Sculpture Walk on the Trolley Bike. In exchange for a donation to the Sculpture Walk, you can grab eight friends or more and tag along on a bike that everyone pedals together while indulging in a beer from Springfield Brewing Company.
Interested in seeing live theatre? Downtown offers many opportunities to see your favorite plays and musicals staged without having to travel to St. Louis or Kansas City. Even better, the tickets are much cheaper! Both the Springfield Little Theatre and Springfield Contemporary Theatre perform several times a week and provide a wide variety of genres to explore. No matter if you prefer a humorous musical or a dramatic play, Springfield’s local theatre has something for you!
Are you looking for the next great band, or do are you wanting to see an old favorite? The music venues in Downtown Springfield have it all.
- The Gillioz Theatre is a staple of local music and gets huge acts like John Mulaney, Olivia Newton-John, and Vince Gill.
- The Gillioz is also home to The Mystery Hour, Springfield’s own local variety talk show.
- If you’re ready for local music, check out the acts at the Outland Ballroom, who host local musicians as well as some bigger names in the music scene.
Whether you’re a theatre fan, a concert junkie, or an art fanatic, living in a loft in Downtown Springfield MO gives everyone the chance to experience everything the city has to offer.