Residents at Oliver’s Garage loft apartments get to experience this historic building’s ongoing legacy of providing easy access to all of the wonderful amenities in and near the Square in Downtown Springfield.
With so much exciting entertainment, dining, shopping and community events within walking distance, the century-old former parking garage on Olive Street has more than earned its rightful place in the Springfield Public Square Historic District:
- Circa 1901: The original facility was built as a 2-part commercial block.
- Late 1920s: The building was expanded and remodeled to become an automobile-related property.
- 1927: A very large 3-story parking garage and warehouse were connected to the back wall of the narrow original building. A drive-in entrance and wide new drive door were added to the Olive Street facade.
Additional improvements have been completed in the ensuing years after 1927, and the first floor continues to provide convenient parking for Oliver’s Garage residents to this day.
The lofts’ Olive Street neighbors also contribute to the ongoing life of our community.
Just a short stroll down Park Central North takes residents to the heart of the Queen City in the Downtown Square.
- Wake up to a cup of joe and engaging conversation any time at The Coffee Ethic.
- Savor Midwestern classics made from scratch at Civil Kitchen.
- Nourish the mind at the Park Central Branch Library.
- Experience the story of Springfield first-hand at the History Museum on the Square.
With so much to do so close to home, it’s never been a better time to enjoy loft living at Oliver’s Garage!