The Park Central Lofts building was constructed in 1910 as an expansion to the Springfield Business College. The original Springfield Business College Building is right next door, and currently houses the Aviary Cafe & Creperie and 1984 Arcade. The Park Central Lofts Building was declared a historic place by the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
The restaurants and shops surrounding the Park Central Lofts are rich with history and many are in the original buildings from 100+ years ago. Park Central Lofts residents will eat, drink, play and shop in a unique and beautiful blend of the past and the present.
Taste the Flavor or Springfield
No groceries, no problem. At the Park Central Lofts, there are multiple downtown Springfield restaurants for different budgets within 500 ft of your doorstep.
- Grad School. For delicious American fare with an x-factor twist, go to Grad School and get a full-ride burger education.
- J.O.B. Public House. Whiskey lovers unite! J.O.B. is one of downtown Springfield’s hidden gems. This whiskey bar boasts over 200 options from which to choose, with drinks at all price points. They also have a full menu filled with bar food goodness.
- The Order. Located in the gorgeous Hotel Vandivort, The Order is the perfect place for a fancy date night, Saturday brunch or a craft cocktail. This dining spot has paired with 10 local suppliers too, so you can support local and eat local.
Across The Pond
- Greek Belly. If you’re craving an international bite, gyro in luck! Greek Belly is one of downtown’s newest additions, giving Springfieldians a fresh burst of Mediterranean goodness.
- Zayka. Spice it up and try some of the best Indian cuisine around at Zayka. From the standard Tikka Masala with piping hot garlic naan to the more adventurous Lamb Madras, Zayka has something for everyone.
- Aviary Cafe & Creperie. Say “bonjour!” to Aviary, conveniently located right around the corner from the Park Central Lofts! Aviary’s French-inspired dishes are drool-worthy and might leave you addicted.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Mae’s Gelateria. Park Central Lofts residents don’t have to walk far to get their homemade gelato fix. Locally owned, locally sourced & authentic, Mae’s Gelateria is right across Jefferson. Hop on over and try one of their 20+ flavors.
- Crave Cookie Dough. Satisfy your cookie dough craving semi-guilt free at Crave. We say semi-guilt free because this cookie dough doesn’t contain raw egg, making all your childhood dreams come true!
- MudLounge. If a spiked sweet-treat is what you desire, then look no further than the MudLounge. With coffee-infused decadent drinks like the Naughty Skipper or Mocha Madness to the comfort of a classic Irish coffee, MudLounge is a great way to take the edge off of a long week.
Play in History
You don’t have to step far outside your door to have a great time downtown. Check out some of our favorite local spots:
- 1984 Arcade. Talk about a #throwbackthursday! Immerse yourself in the golden days of coin-operated arcades at 1984. The best part? Save your change, because admission is a $7.50 flat fee. After that, play as many games as you want!
- Discovery Center. You’re never too old to learn something new! Check out the Discovery Center, where learning, discovery and play intersect.
- Craft Axe Throwing. A brand-new and unique addition to the downtown Springfield family is Craft Axe Throwing. The folks at Craft Axe Throwing will help you perfect the art of axe throwing and set you up to hit the bullseye! This is a great activity to enjoy with family and friends.
Shop til’ ya drop
Whether you want to pick up a new statement piece for your loft or fine-tune your classic guitar, the diverse shopping options in downtown Springfield MO have something for everyone.
- Cricket in the House. Located just downstairs from the Park Central Lofts, Cricket in the House is an antique shop specializing in vintage furnishings, unique accessories, & handmade pieces. Stop by and get that special something to make your loft feel like home.
- BookMarx. Curl up on a cozy rainy day with a book from BookMarx. BookMarx is a new and used bookstore with a huge selection and a little bit of everything, from classic literature to Sci-Fi to the latest best-seller.
- Hoover Music Company. A downtown staple, Hoover Music Company has been serving Springfield musicians since 1912. Browse their vast selection of guitars, band, and orchestra instruments. For the budding musician, sign up for a lesson!
- Stick It In Your Ear. Kick up the nostalgia and go to Stick It In Your Ear. They’ve been providing those shopping in downtown Springfield MO with an insane music selection for over two decades, along with shirts, posters and stories.
Does being this close to so much local goodness sound too good to be true? For residents at the Park Central Lofts, it’s simply everyday life.
Eat and shop in downtown Springfield MO whenever you please. Learn more about the possibilities of downtown living and contact Springfield Lofts today.