It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but a long day of gift shopping can drain your holiday spirit. Big chain stores throw deals at us left and right, and it’s hard to know what to get for the special people in our lives. This year, skip the long lines at big box stores and check out some of Springfield’s local shops. There are so many great stores nearby that offer a variety of fun gifts for the entire family. Here are nine stores you have to check out this holiday season.
1. 5 Pound Apparel: Shopping for clothes can be challenging. However, 5 Pound Apparel offers a lot of great Springfield and Missouri themed clothing and merchandise, which makes your experience a breeze. On top of the variety of unique and stylish clothing, 5 Pound Apparel donates five pounds of food to the Ozarks Food Harvest for every t-shirt sold.
2. Anvil Customs: If you want to get a high-quality accessory for the person in your life who prefers the more refined things, check out Anvil Customs. They have a selection of handcrafted leather goods that are customized, stylish and will last.
3. Plaza Shoe Store: Who doesn’t need a new pair of shoes? Plaza Shoe Store has been selling quality shoes and accessories to the Springfield area for over 60 years. Top brands like Birkenstock, Chaco and New Balance are available in all styles and sizes.
4. Hooked On Books: For the bookworm in your life, check out Hooked On Books. They stock over 100,000 used books, so there are plenty of genres and authors available. Save some money and help the environment by gifting used books this holiday season.
5. Manly Cans: Shopping for guys is a breeze when you go with Manly Cans. They design these cans for different occasions like daily grooming, setting up for a fishing trip or snacks for the big game. They can be ordered online and picked up at their location in Springfield.
6. Jellybeans: Looking for a gift for a little one this year? Jellybeans offers “everything for children.” From birth to tween, Jellybeans sells clothing, toys, and accessories to help take care of the kiddos in your life.
7. Ozark Adventures: If you are shopping for someone who prefers the outdoors, check out the selection of products from Ozark Adventures. They offer items for every outdoor activity, such as hiking, kayaking and camping. You can also outfit your friends and family in top-of-the-line clothing from brands like The North Face and Patagonia.
8. Hoover Music: Music is a lasting gift. Whether you are looking for something for a new musician or a total pro, Hoover Music has your needs covered. They offer lessons, sheet music, repairs and a wide selection of instruments. Whether they play the piano or the piccolo, help your loved ones to keep playing their best this year.
9. SOAP Refill Station: Being clean is a great feeling; using cleaning products that are good for the environment is a better feeling. SOAP Refill Station uses real ingredients and avoid artificial fragrances and colors in all of their products. They also reuse soap and cleaning product bottles to eliminate plastic waste.
Whenever you go shopping for all of your holiday gifts, keep it simple and stick with some of the best local stores in Springfield. For all of their best deals, make sure to follow them on social media to stay updated.
Downtown Springfield is home to some of the best shops in town. Contact Springfield Lofts and see how downtown living can work for you.